Monday, February 16, 2009

To Know Monkey Is to Love Monkey


Yesterday was a relatively lazy day due to my sinus infection. There were still commitments to be kept, so Monkey and I got up early. I had to read at the 8:30 a.m. mass and Monkey decided to come with me.
We got to church a few minutes behind schedule, which was totally my fault. Monkey kept telling me to hurry up, but I insisted on taking my time drinking a cup of coffee. I must say that Monkey was very well behaved and was very quiet throughout the entire service.
On the way home, we stopped at CVS for the newspaper and then headed home for a post-Church nap that lasted until Monday morning (more or less).
While I was laying in bed wondering if my head would ever feel normal again, Monkey and Bootsy got to know each other. Bootsy wasn't very keen on sharing her space, but to know Monkey is to love Monkey.
It didn't take long for them to become very good friends.

When I got up this morning (our office was closed today), I couldn't find Monkey. I looked around the house and then came back to check with Bootsy.
Monkey saw the beer steins and had decided to investigate. Unfortunately, he got stuck inside because the door had closed. Monkey said he climbed in because he just loves the idea of a mug that holds that much beer. I explained to Monkey that we don't actually use the steins. He was saddened at this most unfortunate development.
Since I was home today, I drove hubby to work. But first, I had to find Monkey. I explained to Monkey that we were on a tight schedule today and I didn't really didn't have time for any of his exploits.
Thankfully, Monkey is a very nice house guest and quickly got in the car.
After we got downtown, I let Monkey steer the car since he had been begging to drive since we pulled out of the driveway.
Mr. Monkey, you really must watch the road when you drive!!
Here we are at Tampa General Hospital where hubby works. We dropped him and and were quickly on our way.
I don't know why, but Monkey wanted me to take a picture of the Tampa Port Authority.
Downtown Tampa. Look mom! No traffic!!
Once we got back to Brandon, we dashed into JoAnn's so I could get the zipper for the bag that I'm making.
Then we went home and got to work. Monkey was such a good helper. We managed to get lots of boxes of food packed up and ready to go to the food bank at the church.

Monkey wanted to stop here, but I was in the inside lane and couldn't get over. Sorry Monkey. Maybe next time. Plus, we still had work to do.
We came home and finished up our chores. Monkey got trash detail.
Now we are just relaxing. We really worked hard today. Plus, tomorrow is a work day. People at my office have been waiting a long time to see Mr. Monkey. They are going to be so surprised when he shows up tomorrow.


Sorry, Monkey's calling me. He's having a hard time figuring out the channels on our FIOS network. Before I go, I'd like to share two more photos with you. Monkey saw this in the bedroom and thought it was hilarious.'s Anti Monkey-Butt powder!! My mom got it for my husband from Harley Davidson for Christmas. Long distance bikers swear by the stuff. (Hubby plans to use it in his boots!) I told Monkey he could try it later - he thinks that it might make Bootsy w stop sniffing his heiny. I think he should lay off the beer and chili, but what do I know?
Okay, okay!!! I'm on the way.

I gotta go.

Too late. Monkey just found South Park. I'm sure I'm going to be hearing some colorful language tonight.

Turn that down!!


lisagh said...

I just knew he'd have a good time with you! And now he's even learned to drive - what a multi-talented Monkey!

Anonymous said...

So funny.