Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Long, Farewell

Yesterday was a VERY long day at my job. I tutor students at the Writing Center LaGuardia Community College, which is part of the City University of New York. It was a long day not because it dragged on, but rather it was my 9am-9pm day (with a break, of course). Monkey was well prepared:
An energy drink and a huge dictionary - the tools of champion tutors. Even though the hours are long on Wednesdays, it is very rewarding. At the end of the day (8:37pm to be exact), Monkey was still able to keep me awake:
When I work till 9pm, my fiance Mel picks me up. He was in the mood for Japanese, so Monkey, Mel and I headed over to our favorite Japanese restuarant, Ariyoshi. Monkey helped Mel pick out what to eat:
We ended up with the kiji-don/udon special - chicken teriyaki, tempura udon, and red bean and green tea ice cream. Yum!

Today, Monkey prepared for his next stop on the trip. While he made his goodbyes, my mom and him got together for a very special photo:
A Manitoban meets a Quebecan, and proudly show their passports.

Thanks for hanging around Monkey!

1 comment:

lisagh said...

Okay, how cute is that that Monkey and your mom have matching passports!