Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tin Soldiers and Nixon's Comin'.....

After his busy day at school, Monkey needed a restful weekend. He wasn't much interested in hanging out with me all day Saturday and Sunday at the garage sale we were participating in, so he did his own thing. He is one popular guy! He must have had 7 or 8 phone calls Friday evening alone, and he ended up taking off with a bunch of Webkinz in a 70s-era yellow Barbie RV. Didn't see him again until Sunday morning...wouldn't you know, the little stinker didn't take his camera! We can only guess...anyway, he had recovered sufficiently by Monday to want his tour of historic Kent State. Little smart-aleck tried to fashion a t-shirt out of a Target bag so "the Guard could see his bullseye" but I nixed that. He was quite awed once we got up there and he saw what a tranquil, beautiful place it is. He was properly respectful at the May 4 spots and quit ranting about "the Man." In fact, I may have him wearing a GOP '08 shirt by the time he ships out this afternoon! I'm working on him! Pictures coming later today...Paige and Coulter enjoyed showing him around.

2 comments:

lisagh said...

Although he seems pretty laid back and groovy, I assure you, that is a very right wing simian you have on your hands!

Can't wait to see the pics.

Midnight Madras said...

Yeah, I think he was just trying to provoke me...I knew better ;)