Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cobbler for a Day

Hi Mom,
What a wild ride it was to Stuart.
The Post Man must have tossed me around a half a dozen times,
I thought I was going to fly out of the box. It was a blast!
Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm fine.









I finally made it to the Stephen Bonanno Sandals Factory where they were so eager to show me around, but I told them first things first ... I've gotta go meet Miss Vivian. Did you know the crew at the factory nick named her the "Dragon Lady." Seriously?













It must be an inside joke cuz she was super nice.
She let me hang in the window and watch all the pretty girls walk by ...













Later I got to meet "Rippy."
They call her their Scottish Terrorist ... gulp.
nice doggie ... what a big nose you have.













I later learned Rippy was disappointed she wasn't allowed to de-gut me. Grrrreat.














Hey, I think Rippy's starting to like the way I taste. Hello! Someone. Anyone!

The very next day:
We started our day with a cup of coffee, pool side.





















... then off to the factory. I'm loving this Florida weather.














You're not going to believe this, but ... I got to work closely with The Stephen Bonanno. He's a pretty cool dude.



















He showed me how to stitch the soles of the sandals ... then let me give it a try. It was awesome!



















I got to last some sandals ... this is harder than it looks.













I was told the "Clicker" machine was a bit too dangerous for my long limbs so I just watched as Rosario did all the work.




















I got to work with Mr Domenick in the Monogram room. I tried to get him to tattoo my tail with the letter M ... but he wasn't going for it.





















Instead he let me practice on a sample shoe.













... then off to the shipping dept. where everything gets packaged up and shipped out.















I got to monkey around with Stephen and Carmen. It was so much fun.



















... and bury myself in bins of leather sandals.























... the one time I wish I was a girl. JUST KIDDING!
I'm pooped. Time to chill and get ready to be shipped out.


















I'm gonna miss everyone at Stephen Bonanno Sandals,
but I'm looking forward to some R&R when I get to Kentwood LA.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Monkey ...

We miss you already ... It was great having you here ... Any time you and your mom want to come down and visit us we'd love to have you ...

PS: Rippy says hi too ...

See ya ...
Domenick

Mona said...

I love that post!!

Bridget said...

Wow - what an awesome day! You had at the poolside coffee but the sandal factory was the icing on the cake!

Trish said...

I loved the factory tour!

Can't believe the box though -- good thing I wasn't shipping you a lamp.

BLC :o said...

Omg, I want to be MONKEY! How fun!?? I heart SB! Xoxo-BLC

Unknown said...

What a great post! Sounds like Monkey had a blast. Makes me want a pair of Bonanno's even more! :)

Ned said...

Monkey do you know if my sandals were close to be ready?...

Cloggsy said...

This has got to be one of the best monkey posts so far!

dmmlandcruiser said...

Monkey, I am so jealous of you!!!